Honoring God in Faith, Word, Deed, and Dirty Diapers!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What Evalie Is "Saying"

As Evalie has gotten older, it has been amazing to watch her learn and develop. One area that I find fascinating is her language. It has changed twice in the past few months. I'll tell you what I mean:

At first Evalie was "saying" singsongy types of "words" like
Ahhhhh
Aaaaaah
Ohhhhh
Oooooh
and mostly just vowel sounds.

A couple of months ago, she broke out with the consonants
Mamamamama (my favorite!!!!)
Papapapapapap
Bababababab
Pupupupupu
but no dadadadada much to Daddy's dismay.

Well, Saturday her language changed again. In one day she added a few more consonants
sh
gaga
and putting them together
shuga

Of course none of these are actual words, although Evalie thinks she is saying something very important!

On Saturday, Alex and I were discussing this second language change. Evalie felt the need to be a part of the conversation and began adding her two cents worth. She said a "word" that sounded like it could have been dada.

Alex got very excited and said, "Evalie, you said Dada! Did you say Dada?"

Evalie looked over her shoulder at Alex, and very audibly said,

"No!"

1 comment:

Andrew Ann Quin said...

hahahaah i love how they definatly know exactly what we are saying