Honoring God in Faith, Word, Deed, and Dirty Diapers!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Learning So Much

Oh, how our Evalie is growing and learning! At *almost* one year old, she is walking and "talking" and doing so much. Some fun things she has learned recently:

1. How to shake her head "no." I don't think she knows what it means, but she does it all the time. And then she smiles like she has done something grand.

2. How to open and close her fists. I really wish this was sign language for her, but I it's not. She is fascinated when she does it, though. She stares at her hands with her eyes really wide.

3. Filling and emptying containers. Evalie loves to put leaves, puzzle pieces, small toys, anything really, into containers. Then she empties the container and repeats.
Evie is especially fond of these pods that grow on our tree out back. They fall to the ground, and there are a ton on the ground right now. She collects them like they are going to all blow away. It takes us a very long time to walk down the sidewalk because she has to stop and pick up everyone she sees. She is a collector, that's for sure!

Those are just a few things that I can think of right now. Our little noodle is quickly becoming a big noodle. It is such a joy to watch her learn and grow!

No comments: