Honoring God in Faith, Word, Deed, and Dirty Diapers!

Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Fussynoggins


I have been a little addicted to the internet lately. I am enjoying ebay immensely. I was really scared of it for a long time, but now I am having a lot of fun just looking at items and bidding. I haven't won anything because I am too cheap to bid very high. But I am on the look out for cloth diapers and a certain video game that Alex discovered over Thanksgiving (thanks Dad and Addison!)

I have also discovered the joy of reading other people's blogs. There are a few random ones that I really enjoy. One one blog I found a link to a site that gave you your Grinch name. And in the spirit of the holiday I thought it would be fun to find out what the Mandura's would be named were they Grinches.


So I would like to introduce to you the Fussynoggins:

Alex: Frownyfrown

Jenn: Bleakgrinch

Evalie: Crabbygrump


And from the Fussynoggins we say to you


Have a crappy Christmas!


But of course we are not the Fussynoggins. We are very un-Grinch like. In fact, Bleakgrinch and Crabbygrump are going Christmas shopping today! Yay!!!!

I truly enjoy giving gifts to others all through the year. And especially at Christmas time.

Alex and I were discussing this on the way home last night (we got to go to our Church District Christmas party last night. Good food, great music, lots of laughter, and a wonderful time of fellowship with friends and co-workers that we don't see very often. Alex had a time of devotion for the group. It was a wonderful evening.) We were discussing how we were going to approach Santa in our Christmas celebration with Evalie. Even though it is not an issue now, in a few years she will be old enough to understand the concept of Santa. I think (And Alex agrees) that it is important to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, and not put the emphasis on Santa and giving gifts.

The spirit of Santa is real, the legend that has been passed down has factual roots. Saint Nicholas was a real man, a real man who did bring gifts to little girls and boys. He saw the poor children and wanted to give them presents to make them happy. And he did this because 2000 years ago, God saw His poor children and wanted to bring them joy. So He sent us a gift. A tiny gift in the package of a baby. A present that would bring joy for 2000 years and so many more to come. And that is what the focus should be on this and every Christmas season.

Alex used me as an example in his sermon last week. He said how much I enjoy giving gifts. I spend time thinking about what I am going to give, looking for it, putting it together, sometimes making the gift. And the best part of giving a gift is watching the person I have lovingly put the gift together for open it up. I love to see the happiness on the person's face. I think that they know I have put together the gift just for them.

Alex then compared that to the joy that God gets from watching us open His present that He put together just for us. How much joy He must get from knowing Jesus, His gift to us that first Christmas. It makes me smile. I have joy that I have Jesus in my heart. And that makes God happy too.

So, we are in fact NOT the Fussynoggins. And we do NOT wish you a crappy Christmas. We in fact wish you a very merry Christmas. And as you go shopping and wrap presents, please remember the true meaning, the first Gift that was given on Christmas day.

No comments: