Honoring God in Faith, Word, Deed, and Dirty Diapers!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

"WORDS"

Miss Evalie talks, alot. There are not a whole lot of things that she says that we understand. But a few words she says are Uh-Oh, Meow, Arf Arf, and A-Beek (peek-a-boo).
Because we don't always understand her language, we have been teaching Evalie sign language. Evie has been using sign since she was about 9 months old, and she has a great sign vocabulary. It seems like she learns a new sign every couple of days now.
Some words that she signs are Eat, More, Momma Milk, Water, Up, Down, Help, Please, and Flower. There are a few more, but I can't think of them all right now.
A few months ago, Evalie developed a common toddler trait of grunting or whining for something that she wanted. I didn't really like that trait and would tell Evalie to use her words. I also used the sign for words. Now Evie signs "words" when I ask her to use her words.
The past couple of days, I have been listening closely to Miss Evie to see what else she says. I have heard her say Meh (momma milk), Moh (more), Play, and Bye.
I know in the next few months, Evie will keep learning new signs and new words. I can't wait to hear what else she has to say!

No comments: