Miss Evalie is crawling all over the house now. She is very curious and getting into EVERYTHING! I love her adventurous spirit, but it is stressing me out. I am so worried that she is going to get hurt.
And for good reason. Already she has had two scrapes, one on her arm and one on her cheek. And Miss Evalie has had her first black eye.
Evie's favorite thing to do is get into our Entertainment Center cabinet. She opens and closes the door, and then she empties it out. A few days ago, Evalie was happily emptying the cabinet of all our DVDs when I heard a very loud crash followed by the loudest scream I have ever heard come from my baby girl. She was trying to stand up and had fallen into the cabinet and hit her eye! So scary for me and for her!
Thankfully she calmed down quickly. I tried to get some ice on her eye to reduce swelling, but if you have ever tried to put ice on a curious, mobile 8 month old, you know it's not too easy!
I guess I have to be more careful of what I let her play with. And I also have to realize that bumps and scrapes and bruises are a part of growing up!

2 comments:
Rowen loves to open our entertainment center too! I will be very sure to watch her...poor, sweet, Evalie. I know how hard it is to watch EVERY move of a busy 8 month old!
I can't decide if its scarier when you hear a scream...or when its very, very quiet!
Post a Comment