I just tried to upload my pictures from this weekend, but the computer wasn't having any of it! Oh, well. I will just try to tell you about our Thanksgiving weekend sans pictures.
Our weekend started early on Tuesday when Grandpa Jeff and Great Grandpa and Grandma Nank came to visit. It was the first time Evalie had met her Great Grandparents. It was very cool to see my Grandmother holding my baby girl. They stayed for a good part of the day, and we loved having them here.
After working all day Wednesday, we headed to Indiana for the big Thanksgiving celebration. We had a huge dinner with all the fixings and completely stuffed ourselves. My mom always invites tons of friends over on Thanksgiving night to eat appetizers and desserts and play games. This year yhe game of choice was Apples to Apples. This was my first time playing, and I have to say, I am a huge fan! We all had lots of fun, ate too much, and stayed up too late.
Black Friday started without a usual shopper. I love to go out early on Black Friday, but was too sleep deprived to do it this year. It is amazing how a baby will change you're life. Evalie slept well that night and I actually got to sleep in!
Juls, Melanie and I went to our friend Emily's house. She is a stylist, and we all got our hair cut. Mellie got a trim, and Juls and I went drastic. We had decided when we were both pregnant to grow our hair out and then donate it to locks of love. We were ready for our makeovers. Julianne got 10 inches cut off and I got 12 inches cut off. I feel lighter. I really like the cut (here is where pictures would be great). It's easy to do, and I feel younger and sassy. It helps that Alex likes it too.
Alex, Evie and I went over to my Aunt Cheryl's on Friday night to spend time with her family, my dad, his wife, and my grandparents. We just sat around and talked and enjoyed each other's company. We don't get to see them very often so it was nice. Oh, we had Reese's stuffed peppers for dinner. Yummy!
Then we went to my Aunt Denise's (an honorary aunt) for leftover extravaganza! And there we tried to take pictures of Jerzie, Evalie and Camden together. (again, pictures would be worth a thousand words here) If you have ever tried to take pictures of an almost 2 year old and two babies, you know our pain. We did get a couple cute shots, but it was stressful.
On Saturday we headed back to Aunt Cheryl's for Festivus! Festivus is the Nank family Christmas celebration the weekend of Thanksgiving. This year was extra special. Usually most of the clan is there. But this year we ALL were. My grandparents, their four kids and spouses, us 5 grandkids and spouses, and now 3 great grand babies. That made 22! It was a lot of fun to spend time with our family. The time went way too fast, and we were sad to leave. \
And now we are back to normal life. Well, as normal as you can get in the holiday season. I truly enjoy Christmas, and I am looking forward to celebrating this year with Evalie. Her First Thanksgiving is over, but her First Christmas is just beginning!
Our weekend started early on Tuesday when Grandpa Jeff and Great Grandpa and Grandma Nank came to visit. It was the first time Evalie had met her Great Grandparents. It was very cool to see my Grandmother holding my baby girl. They stayed for a good part of the day, and we loved having them here.
After working all day Wednesday, we headed to Indiana for the big Thanksgiving celebration. We had a huge dinner with all the fixings and completely stuffed ourselves. My mom always invites tons of friends over on Thanksgiving night to eat appetizers and desserts and play games. This year yhe game of choice was Apples to Apples. This was my first time playing, and I have to say, I am a huge fan! We all had lots of fun, ate too much, and stayed up too late.
Black Friday started without a usual shopper. I love to go out early on Black Friday, but was too sleep deprived to do it this year. It is amazing how a baby will change you're life. Evalie slept well that night and I actually got to sleep in!
Juls, Melanie and I went to our friend Emily's house. She is a stylist, and we all got our hair cut. Mellie got a trim, and Juls and I went drastic. We had decided when we were both pregnant to grow our hair out and then donate it to locks of love. We were ready for our makeovers. Julianne got 10 inches cut off and I got 12 inches cut off. I feel lighter. I really like the cut (here is where pictures would be great). It's easy to do, and I feel younger and sassy. It helps that Alex likes it too.
Alex, Evie and I went over to my Aunt Cheryl's on Friday night to spend time with her family, my dad, his wife, and my grandparents. We just sat around and talked and enjoyed each other's company. We don't get to see them very often so it was nice. Oh, we had Reese's stuffed peppers for dinner. Yummy!
Then we went to my Aunt Denise's (an honorary aunt) for leftover extravaganza! And there we tried to take pictures of Jerzie, Evalie and Camden together. (again, pictures would be worth a thousand words here) If you have ever tried to take pictures of an almost 2 year old and two babies, you know our pain. We did get a couple cute shots, but it was stressful.
On Saturday we headed back to Aunt Cheryl's for Festivus! Festivus is the Nank family Christmas celebration the weekend of Thanksgiving. This year was extra special. Usually most of the clan is there. But this year we ALL were. My grandparents, their four kids and spouses, us 5 grandkids and spouses, and now 3 great grand babies. That made 22! It was a lot of fun to spend time with our family. The time went way too fast, and we were sad to leave. \
And now we are back to normal life. Well, as normal as you can get in the holiday season. I truly enjoy Christmas, and I am looking forward to celebrating this year with Evalie. Her First Thanksgiving is over, but her First Christmas is just beginning!

1 comment:
Can't wait to see the pictures of the babies and the new you with your new haircut, bet it is gorgeous, because any haircut would look good on your face
Grandma Kari can't wait to see Evalie updates.
Post a Comment