Honoring God in Faith, Word, Deed, and Dirty Diapers!

Friday, November 16, 2007

Praising God

I just have to post a word of praise on behalf of Evalie and myself. God truly is watching over us and I thank him everyday for taking care of my precious baby.
On Wednesday I was sitting in our vehicle at a stoplight (on the way to Walmart, of course!) when the van in front of me decided to back up. I saw his reverse lights and honked the horn, but he hit me anyway. After a very long time at the side of the road with a very kind police officer, we continued on our way to Walmart. There was very little damage to the SUV. His hitch hit our license plate and dented it. And no one was hurt. I was very shaken up though. My baby was in the car, for pete's sake! She is fine though. We did take her to the pediatrician to make sure she was ok. The Doc said she looks great! (She weighs 15 pounds now). I do have some sore muscles in my shoulders and back, but other than that I'm fine too.
So my praises...
I praise God that He was watching over us. That the accident wasn't worse than it was. That everyone was safe, especially Baby Evalie. That He kept me calm (mostly) during the whole situation. That He gave me a wonderful husband who drove out to the accident to make sure we were okay. I am so thankful for all of these things and so much more.