Honoring God in Faith, Word, Deed, and Dirty Diapers!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Weekend Update!

It feels so strange that I haven't posted in a while. But Evalie and I were in Indiana visiting family and friends. We left last Thursday to visit Grandma Joy. On Friday we went to the nursing home to meet Great Gramma Kaylor. This was an important visit for Momma. I was very close to my Gramma growing up. Even though it is hard for me to see her in a nursing home, it was very special to see my Gramma holding my baby girl.
On Saturday Evalie and I went to see Uncle Robert play football. He scored 2 touchdowns and even tried for a field goal. His shoe went farther that the ball though!
In the afternoon Grandma Joy had a Baby Party for Evalie and her cousin Camden. It is my mom's way of having a baby shower. It is kind of a "meet my grandbabies" party. It was so nice to see friends and family from Indiana.
In the evening Evalie and I went to see Junior Miss with Auntie Juls and Camden and Auntie Mel and "cousin" Carly. Junior Miss is a wonderful scholarship program for high school seniors. I was honored to be named Whitley County Junior Miss in 1998. I try to go back to see the program as much as possible. I wonder if they have a Junior Miss program in my area in Ohio.
So moving on to Sunday. Church. At Trinity EPC. Mom "made" Julianne and me sing with her. It was amazing to sing with them again. I love the harmonies we can produce. It has been a loooong time since we have had that joy of singing together.
Then Sunday evening we all headed to my Aunt Cheryl's in Warsaw. Grandpa Jeff drove down from Chicago to visit his three wonderful grandchildren (not to mention his 2 favorite daughters). Aunt Ro made lasagna rolls and brownies (Yummy!). It was so nice of her to open her home to us. We just got to sit and visit. Very lovely!
When we got back to Mom's, she had a fire going. I think all of us girls sat by the fire until midnight or so. We had a great talk. I miss my sisters and my mom a lot. They are very special women to me. And I am glad that Miss Evalie is a part of that legacy.
Then Monday we headed home. To a very happy Daddy. He missed his girl A LOT!
Tuesday I had my six week appointment. My midwife Margie released me to be a normal person again. Yay!
And that brings us to today. And the frustration that is technology. You see, I had lots of pictures from the various activities this weekend. And I tried 4 times to upload them to the computer to share with you. But no such luck. I am very sad, because Evie looked adorable all weekend. As usual! So hopefully I will get a recent picture on here soon. She changes so quickly. She is growing up fast.
Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It so figures that you were in Warsaw with your baby when I don't live there anymore! So sad to think about! Glad you had a good time, though. Hope you find the pics on camera--technology is awesome and awful at the same time.